A person’s appearance can start becoming less appealing with age. This is just a hard fact and most people are bothered by this. There are many changes that happen as a person ages. The first thing that a person can do is to work out and have a good diet. Most people do not know what makes up a good diet or work out program. However, talking with a professional trainer and dietitian can help a person get on the right path. When dieting do not forget about skin care. Not only do we have to tone and shape our muscles, we also need to take care of the outside covering. AKA our SKIN.
Determine your skin type and buy skin care products for your skin type. This is an incredibly important step. You should also take into consideration specific issues that your skin has.
- Normal Skin-Normal skin is smooth and firm to the touch with small or medium sized pores.
- Dry Skin-If your skin feels very tight and is noticeably flaky in areas, then you have dry skin. Dry skin can be caused by lack of hydration or malnutrition.
- Oily Skin-Oily skin is easy to identify. If your face is visibly shiny, and literally feels slightly wet to the touch then you have oily skin. Oily skin come with large pores that are more noticeable, and usually is more prone to blemishes.
- Combination Skin-Combination skin gets a taste of just about every skin type. If you have combination skin, you tend to get oily around your nose, chin, and forehead area, and dry around your cheeks. The rest of your skin is pretty normal.
- Sensitive Skin– Sensitive skin is very hard to deal with because it isn’t as durable as other skin types.
Some thing you may need to care for your skin.
If you don’t already have them, you will need to buy a cleanser, toner, moisturizer, exfoliant, cotton pads & a face mask. Cleanse, tone and moisturize twice a day – once in the morning before you put on makeup, and once at night before you go to bed. A few minutes after cleansing, tone your face with toner and a cotton pad. Once or twice a week, in place of your daily cleanser, you should exfoliate with an exfoliating facial wash. Apply a face mask regularly.
Here is one place you can get all your skin care needs. (CLICK HERE)
Web MD skin care page. (CLICK HERE) Many tips and articles.